Title and Physical Description
Namaka Mennonite Brethren fonds. — 1929-1969. — 1 cm of textual records
The Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church began services about 1942 when it affiliated with the Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. Previously it had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, whose building had been occupied since 1932. Between 1932 and 1942 they worshipped together with the members of the Namaka Mennonite Church. The Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church dissolved in 1972.
The records were transferred from the Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church to Abe Quiring
Scope & Content
The fonds consists of burial registers
Source of Acquisition
Gift by Abe Quiring, 2002.
For records related to the Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church fonds, see:
- Namaka Mennonite Church fonds, MHSA
- Goerzen, Henry D. (2000). Namaka, 1925-2000: Celebrating God’s Faithfulness from Generation to Generation. Didsbury, AB: Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta
- Namaka Community Historical Committee. (1993). Trails to Little Corner: Namaka & District – Blackfoot: West End, Cairnhill: East Side, Crowfoot, Elwood, Hammer Hill, Harwood, Namaka, Namaka Farm, Orange Valley: East Side in Alberta, Canada. Strathmore, AB: Namaka Community Historical Committee
- Alberta Family Histories Society (2001). Index to Namaka Mennonite Cemetery. Calgary, AB: Author
Source: Toews, A. A. and Marlene Epp. (July 1986). “Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church (Namaka, Alberta, Canada),” in Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 04 May 2010, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N3533ME.html.
Last updated 4 May 2010 – Judith Rempel
Revised June 2012
1-1 Register of Burials, Namaka Mennonite Cemetery – 1929-1938 [copy; original returned to Government of Alberta]
1-2 Register of Burials, Namaka Mennonite Cemetery – 1939-1947 [copy; original returned to Government of Alberta]
1-3 License to Operate Cemetery – 1965, 1969