Title and Physical Description
Mennonite Church of Lacombe fonds. — [ca. 1940-ca. 1949]. — 3 cm of textual records. — 1 church stamp
The Mennonite Church of Lacombe began services about 1928, and formally organized in 1941. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. Abraham Epp was minister from 1941 to 1944, the only ordained person who served this congregation during its history. The group dissolved due to internal strife and decline in membership, as those farmers who only rented their land left the area for more suitable communities. The congregation dissolved in 1945. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1942-1945).
The records were transferred to the Conference of Mennonites in Alberta.
Scope & Content
The fonds consists of the congregational register, minutes, stamp, and correspondence.
Source of Acquisition
Gift by Conference of Mennonites in Alberta through Henry Goerzen, CMA Archivist, 2002
For records related to the Mennonite Church of Lacombe fonds, see Mennonite Church Alberta fonds
Last updated 28 Jul 2003 – Judith Rempel
Revised June 2012
1 – Familienverzeichnis [family register] and Gliederverzeichnis [membership list]. – [ca. 1940-ca. 1949]
2 – Protokoll den Bruederberatung der Lacombe Mennonitengruppe [Minutes]- 1941-1944
3 – Correspondence – 1940-1949
4 – Lacombe Church Stamp [non-archival] – n.d. [deaccessioned]