Title and Physical Description
Coaldale Cheese Factory fonds. — 1966-1973. — 1.5 cm of textual material
The Coaldale Cheese Factory began operations in 1928 as a cooperative from a committee comprised of: P. Kornelson, Jacob Schmidt, and Jacob J. Klassen. It was based on a Mennonite tradition started in the early 1800s by the Van Bergen family in Old Samara, Russia.
The fonds was transferred to the records of the Conference of Mennonites in Alberta.
Scope & Content
The fonds consists of one book of minutes.
Source of Supplied Title
Title based on the contents of the fonds
Source of Acquisition
Gift by Conference of Mennonites in Alberta through Henry Goerzen, CMA Archivist, 2002.
According to Subject and date
See Files Inventory
- Regehr, P.H. (aft 1958). Er fuehret …: Geschichte der Coaldale Mennonitischen Kaeseri – 1928-1958 – available in MHSA Library (BX 8103 COA REG).
- Regehr, J.M. (Jack) (translated 2007). He Leads … History of the Coaldale Mennonite Cheese Factory – 1928-1958 – available in MHSA Library (BX 8103 COA REG).
Accession 2002.016 and 2014.021 (Oversized)
Language – German
Last updated 7 Jul 2009
1-1 Minutes of Directors’ Meetings – 1966-1973
1.1 Memorandum of Agreement, 1939.
1.2 Patronage Payments, 1942-1972.
1.3 Share book, 1967-1972 (bound volume)
1.4 Record of milk deliveries and payments, 1967-1972
1.5 Personal ledger, 1971.
1.6 Personal ledger, 1971
1.7 Cash book, 1972
1.8 Trial Balance, 1972
1.9 Sale of the Property.
General Queries/Comments: Contact MHSA